JOB OFFER – SENIOR BILINGUAL ATTORNEY/LAWYER
A&P is a business law firm which is specialized in OHADA law and has a recognized expertise in the energy, mining and infrastructure sectors in Cameroon and Africa. A&P is highly experienced in the profession, with a strong, dynamic and motivated team and a diversified customer base mainly made up of local SMEs and foreign companies. A&P has its main office in Yaoundé and two secondary offices in Paris, France and Kinshasa, DRC.
Our firm is committed above all to the values of probity, team spirit, proximity and quality of service, whereby people are at the heart of the stakes.
As we develop our activities, we are seeking to reinforce our team by recruiting a senior attorney/lawyer to join our team based in Yaounde, Cameroon. In this role, you will work with the partners and associates of the firm on all legal issues in both advice and litigation. You will operate in a dynamic environment where you will provide service and seek concrete and adapted solutions to the needs of the clients of the Firm.
TASKS ASSIGNED TO THE POSITION
- Advice and assistance with legal project structuring in the energy, mining, infrastructure and project finance sectors;
- Drafting of legal opinions;
- Legal secretarial services: Board of Directors meetings, general meetings, company incorporations, capital increase/reduction, company transformations, commercial contracts;
- Follow-up of legal and notarial formalities in connection with the Firm’s dossiers;
- Training and supervision of juniors and trainees.
- Be a registered Lawyer at the Cameroon Bar or at an OHADA Bar, or a Lawyer with at least a Master II in Law;
- Proof of relevant experience of at least 08 (eight) years post-qualification in a law firm, consulting firm or legal department of a large company;
- Proof of an excellent command of English and French both orally and in writing;
- Proof of a good academic background in Cameroon or abroad;
- Proof of a solid knowledge of the OHADA law;
- Demonstrate strong team spirit, in perfect harmony with our culture of openness, entrepreneurship and excellence;
- Writing skills, oral communication, proactivity, skills in the Firm’s areas of expertise and complementary skills (taxation, litigation…) will be highly commended.
If you are interested in this offer, please send your application file including your Resume and Cover letter, before February 15, 2021, to firstname.lastname@example.org.